Premier History
Drive-In History
Drive-In Gallery

 

1947 --- The Willow Theatre


1987. One of the last classic movie houses in Toronto, located on Younge street north of Sheppard, the Willow was notorious for its
The Willow Theatre was built in 1947 and was operated by Premier until it closed in December 1987. One of the last classic movie houses in Toronto, located on Younge street north of Sheppard, the Willow was notorious for its continental seating, Walt Disney Films, and discount double bills. The Willow holds special meaning for one man in particular. As a young man, Brian Allen used to work as an usher at the Willow. Many nights and days were spent at this theatre enjoying its special atmosphere. He is now Vice President of Premier Operating.